Connect:homes, Prefab Homes
I have been looking at prefab homes lately. Several advantages to prefab homes:
- You can configure the house you want for a lesser price, because you are working from preset choices.
- Prices are more affordable than if you were working with an architect on a one-of-a-kind home (though you can still customize a prefab home).
- There is more control over the building process (as the homes are built in factories).
- You can customize the inside and outside design to an extent.
- Prefab home are “green’ or energy efficient.
- Houses are built in advance and then transported to the location you pick.
One company, Connect:Homes has become really good at building prefab homes. His founders, Jared Levy and Gordon Stott wanted to offer an affordable alternative for those looking to live in a great design and in energy efficient homes.
connect:homes allows you to configure your home extensively, such as deciding how many bedrooms you want, what size home you need, what exterior materials and options you want, and soon you will even be able to configure the type of furniture you want in your home.
The connect:homes site is well designed as well and I already virtually built my new house (connect 8.4 style with 2,560 sf total, 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath, 2 story) on the Los Angeles Hills. Give the web site a try!
Share the post "Connect:homes, Prefab Homes"